I came across this idea on Pinterest recently and found the idea to be really cute but the one that I had found online wasn’t so cute in my opinion. So I took the idea but used different stuffer items and used some of my scrapbooking materials to give it a more spruced up look!
What you will need for the pail
- Clear PVC Pail (I found mine at Michael’s Craft Store for 5.99) *It’s the same size as a paint pail*
- Scrapbooking materials (fun paper, all-purpose glue, letter stickers)
- Curling Ribbon
- Hole Punch
- 1 or 2 Diapers
- Diaper Rash Cream
- Rubber Gloves
- Safety Goggles (Found at my local dollar store)
- Travel Size Baby Wipes Package
- Travel Size Hand Sanitizer
- Disposable Face Mask (Found at my local dollar store) *You could use a clothes pin instead*
- 1 or 2 Baby Wash Cloths
- 2 Pouches or Jars of Baby Food
- 4-5 Travel Pouches of Baby Formula
- Baby Wash
- Baby Spoon
- Baby Bottle
- Bottle of Aspirin (For Daddy!) *Another option would be to throw in a mini bottle of liquor (Of course…this item would be for daddy as well!)
This is only a list of suggestions. Anything baby related will work, as long as it fits in the pail.
- Adhere stickers to the front of the pail to read, “Daddy Doody Kit”.
- Type up or neatly write-up a “contents” list for your pail. Make it pretty!
- Punch a hole in the top of your list and tie it to one side of the handle on your pail.
- Type up or create a label for the top of your pail. I used the words, “In Case of Emergency” and used a hazard type icon I found in clip art.
- Glue your top label to your lid and let dry completely.
- Carefully fill your pail with all of your daddy/baby items. Be sure to turn them out so people can see what you have inside.
There you have it! A super cute and economical gift for a new dad!